This weeks Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Updates are a little early due to the fact that Activision/Treyarch rolled out some changes to try and get Black Ops 2 running a bit better then it has been. A few things to note right away is a new limited time game mode and a roll back of the spawn changes. For the rest? You will have to take a look inside!
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Updates
The patch notes below mainly address a lot of UI issues with Split Screen. But there are thankfully a few glitch fixes, as well as one important one that might fix a lot of issues with the game. Namely the one where the host can change their audio settings and it will drop framerates for everyone else in the match. The other big fix is a rollback to the spawn system as it wasn’t working – at all.
Limited Game Mode – Arms Race
This is a limited time game mode found in the Bonus Playlist called Arms Race Team Deathmatch. You will receive 150 per kill! So if you are a slayer and want to earn those bigger score streaks quickly? This will be the game type for you! Also this could be a way to rank up quickly – but you’ll have to be really good or plan on being fodder!
1.10 Patch Notes for PlayStation 3
- Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.
- Added a post-match Connection Quality survey which will be presented to a sampling of players to assess online gameplay connection quality.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where players could get infinite ammo for the Death Machine and War Machine.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players may not die when getting stuck with a Crossbow Bolt.
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where the Hunter Killer drones will float around slowly when they miss a target from a certain angle.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the frame rate may drop for other players when the host changes their audio settings during a match.
- Players can now enter the crouched position while sprinting with the Riot Shield equipped.
- Care packages now appear in blue and orange on the map when Color Blind Assist is enabled.
- Resolved an issue where players and turrets could survive the water rush when in certain areas on Hydro.
- Resolved a UI issue with Tactical Insertion button prompt placement in Split Screen after a Host Migration.
- Resolved an inconsistency with Max Number of Players being displayed incorrectly when backing out of a Public Match search while it is searching.
- Addressed an issue with the Respawn Delay counter overlapping with other on-screen graphics in Split Screen.
- Addressed an issue with League Teams appearing incorrectly when they view another player’s League Team in the Leaderboards.
- Resolved an issue where other player’s Combat Records appeared greyed out the first time their Playercard was selected in the Leaderboards.
- Fixed a formatting issue in Leagues Season Final text where the date the player was placed was wrapping incorrectly.
- Overkill challenges will now progress if the player is using an alternate select fire mode.
- The upper metal plate of a planted Assault Shield now appears in the proper position during a Killcam.
- Addressed an issue with the Custom and Private Match change team scoreboard not updating in real time when the overlay is on screen.
- Addressed a rapid scrolling issue in the Preset Class Menu.
- Chopper Hunter Field Specialist challenge updated to Aircraft Hunter with a description that reflects the aircrafts that need to be destroyed to complete the challenge.
- Text displayed for “Enemies forfeiting…” increased on Split-Screen to make it more legible.
- Fixed an issue with the last player alive defusing the bomb in Search & Destroy not receiving any defuse points.
- Resolved an issue with signing in and out while a film in loading in Theater.
- The icon to distinguish a Search & Destroy bomb location is now visible to a Codcaster who is spectating the defending team.
- Addressed an issue where the second player of a Split Screen match would flicker in and out of the stream.
- Resolved an issue with attempting to sign into a Twitch account with Dual Play enabled.
- Fixed an issue in the Combat Record where the images would disappear when scrolling off of and on to the Combat Record.
- Fixed an issue in Offline System Link when the host leaves a lobby.
- Reverted global spawn influencer change from previous game update due to undesirable side effects.
Source: Call of Duty Community Site