This weeks Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Updates brings us a few things this week. A new Patch was released that fixed a few things and nerfed a few others. And you get the chance to vote on new Camos for your guns. So take a look inside at what is going on!
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Patch Update
Yup this one is heartbreaking for me personally. Considering I have over 8,000 kills with my go to – the B23R. Treyarch finally nerfed the crap out of it and the KAP40. Although I understand the need for game balancing. I just wish they did it um… like 8,000 kills ago? Seriously though? I’m very happy that Treyarch/Activision are still trying to patch the game and make it a better experience for everyone.
PS3 Game Update (1.11) Notes: May. 23, 2013
Source: Call of Duty Community PS3 Page
- Improved and expanded who can be the host of a game lobby.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Resolved an issue reported by the community where the reticle would sometimes disappear.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the Peacekeeper would sometimes disappear after a host migration.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the Scorestreak progress bar would not fill up.
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where the ammo count for the Death Machine and War Machine would reset on round change.
- Fixed a joining exploit reported by the community where players could create a lobby for boosting.
- Fixed the player’s character model shifting sideways slightly when the A10F Warthog makes a strafe run.
- Addressed an issue with the Death Machine receiving the War Machine’s ammo.
- C4 will no longer detonate when it touches the front of moving gondolas on Downhill.
- Resolved a client freeze when the client continually scrolls Create-a-Class sets while the host of a party changes lobbies and brings the party with them.
- Fixed an issue with sound and visual effects not working when a tactical insertion is destroyed by the sliding alien targets on Studio.
- Addressed an issue with C4 not being destroyed by the sliding alien targets on Studio.
- Resolved an issue with the player floating down slowly when re-spawning if their tactical insertion was placed on a ledge.
- Fixed an issue with held Scorestreak weapons not reloading the current ammo upon death.
- KAP-40: Damage reduced.
- B23R: Damage reduced.
- B23R Dual Wield: Damage reduced.
- B23R Dual Wield: Hip fire accuracy reduced.
- FHJ-18: Movement speed increased.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Resolved an issue with the Grief Leaderboards not updating properly on the first match completed.
- Resolved an issue with host migration not functioning between disc to disc users.
Mob of the Dead
- Addressed several Zombie pathing issues found by the community.
- Addressed an issue that caused Zombies to pile up on the planted Zombie Shield.
- Fixed an issue where players could get more Blundergats than intended.
- Addressed an issue where you could fall out of the Gondola into unplayable areas.
- Addressed an issue where players could mantle into unplayable areas in the Cell House.
- Addressed an issue in Grief Mode where players could push each other onto the top of the map in the cell house.
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive grenades after a round change.
- Fixed an issue where afterlife doors would not show up if you hot joined a game.
- Fixed several theater mode issues where the free roam camera could clip out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where all players in a co-op game could hear the “click” of an empty Ray Gun.
- Addressed an issue where players could revive themselves and fall under staircases.
- Fixed an issue where the Hell’s Retriever effects would sometimes vanish.
- Fixed an issue where Zombies would not attack players crouched in corners.
- Fixed an issue where players could fall through the map after being revived in the Infirmary.
- Fixed an issue where random Afterlife markers would show up for players after the first plane trip.
- Fixed an issue with Zombies getting stuck in the starting room on Die Rise.
FREE DLC Trial – Revolution
Still on the fence on whether you want to purchase the map packs? For the first time in Call of Duty history they are offering a free trial run of the DLC Pack Revolution. Only available this weekend for Xbox 360 players. Unknown at this time on whether this will be offered on other systems as of this writing.
[stextbox id=”info”]Read More: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Updates |DLC Revolution for PS3 is Here![/stextbox]
New Customization Packs
Of course if you pre-order the upcoming Call of Duty Ghosts game you can get the Ghost camo set for Black Ops 2. Treyarch/Activision are going to be introducing two more packs to the game. The twist? We can vote for them! Well more specifically Xbox 360 players can right now. It is unsure if the rest of the COD community will be able to after the 30 day time frame. Xbox 360 players should get a vote window after the usual Community Update screen you normally see when you boot into Multi Player mode. (You know that screen you try and mash the button to bypass all the time?)
Anyways look at the pics below to see what they are and let me know below which ones you like and would vote for!
Source: One of Swords
What do you think though? Leave me a comment on what you think Treyarch did with the Nerfs. Plus make sure to leave me a comment on what type of camo you would want to vote for – or if you did – which ones did you pick and why? I want to hear from you!