Activision/Infinity Ward strikes again! Call of Duty MW3 now has Collection 2 available for all PS3 and PC players! And they turned on the Double XP again for this weekend! Read on to find out what you get with Collection 2 and the issues some Playstation 3 players are suffering with when they updated the game yesterday!
Call of Duty MW3 Updates for 6/22/2012
Collection 2 Now Available!
With Collection 2 PS3 and PC players now get the 3 New MP Maps – Foundation, Sanctuary, and Oasis, 2 New Face Off Maps: Lookout and Getaway, and 2 New Spec Op Maps: Ironclad and Killswitch! Couple that along with the Two Free Face Off Maps: Erosion and Aground that is a TON of new content for the game!
The important thing is this means that the new maps have been tossed into the rotation. And it means non-ELITE players can purchase the Collection 2 Map Pack and be able to play what the ELITE Premium players have already been checking out for the past month.
Links To Collection 2 and Face Off
- Call of Duty MW3 Collection 2 Available Now! (Xbox)
- CoD MW3 Face Off New Game Mode and Free Maps! Available Today!
Playstation 3 Patch Notes – 6/21/2012
These are the patch notes taken from the Call of Duty Community Site.
PS3 Title Update 1.16 (goes live June 21)
Fix for exploit to start an online MP match with a custom game mode
Prep work for adding Telemetry for matchmaking for future improvements.
PC Patch 1.14 (goes live June 21)
- Fix for missing .iwd files error causing non-dlc players to be booted from games (iw_25.iwd, iw_26.iwd)
- Fix for non-dlc owners being kicked from game when host migrates to DLC owner
- Change to match making where region searched is determined by party host
- Reduced kick to bring it more in line with RSASS
Dead man’s hand (Deathstreak)
- Reduced explosive radius apx. 25%
Blast Shield (Perk)
-Increase damage reduction for Blast Shield in hardcore modes
- All akimbo machine pistols now fire slower than their 1-handed counterparts
Increased min damage for all LMGs
- Update the player score before updating the team score
- Removed fall damage
- Fix for not all Domination defenses counting towards your “Defends” stat
- Fixed issue where a user wouldn’t be able to call in his second Reaper
- Fixed bug where the Blind Eye kill streak is taken from the player on round transition if earned from getting 8 kills
- Fixed bug where the Blind Eye kill streak is taken from the player if earned within 5 seconds of spawning
- Fixed issue with flash grenades not correctly working with the Recon perk
Hot Fixes for PS3 and 360:
Added death trigger for rock glitch
Patched up wall glitch
Prevent players from getting on rooftops
Patched up map hole in pipe
- Reduce Javelin explosion radius by 20%
Sit Rep Pro fix
- You can now see portable radars without being in their range
- Fix for player accuracy being miscalculatedMisc Bug Fixes:
- Fix for minute long kill cam duration with Reaper
Playstation 3 Patch Issues
The downside is the patch to get it into the rotation killed the DLC content for a bunch of players (including me!) But it is a simple solution. Just re-download all of the DLC content again from the Playstation Store and re-install (yes all 13 pieces if you have ELITE Premium or both Collections and the Free FaceOff maps) them to get them to work.
You can check out my other post here – How to Install New Maps for MW3 DLC for PS3 to check out the vid and discuss any issues you might have.
I asked @InfinityWard on Twitter – but this little blog probably won’t get a response lol. A fellow clanmate of mine thinks it might be due to some ELITE changes in policy that were recently made that could have been the root cause. Make sure to login to ELITE on your console and accept the new Online Agreement.
Double XP This Weekend
Infinity Ward just announced on Twitter that we get another Double XP Weekend! Couple that along with the now 20 Prestige levels the game has – this makes life a lot easier for those trying to get there quick!
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) June 22, 2012
So besides the patch to implement the new maps fubard Playstation 3 players forcing them to re-install the DLC content. We get the new maps into rotation for Multiplayer, Two new Spec-Ops missions, and 4 Maps to play now in the new Face Off game mode! And we get some more Double XP to help us in our road to 20th Prestige! Overall it is going to be one awesome weekend for Call of Duty Players.
Well, that and I got my new PS3 headset for Fathers Day finally! ;-p
Make sure to share this with your fellow COD players to let them know what is happening and feel free to leave a comment.