I am probably one of the few who really love Treyarch’s take on the Call of Duty Series. I started Call of Duty late with the World at War, and absolutely loved Call of Duty Black Ops. So when I hear about Treyarch’s possible announcement about their new game Call of Duty Black Ops 2 I get psyched! Read on as I give you all of the Black Ops 2 rumors from around the web!
Rumors from Around the Web
GameBlog.fr – Was blacklisted by Activision earlier this year for not pulling an article about the upcoming sequel they found on Amazon. (They have since been un-banned according to Kotaku)
Kotaku has an interesting image of a post with a possible announcement data of May
2nd 1rst 2012. (Call of Duty announced May 1rst now…) Which would kind of coincide with Activision’s schedule for building hype for releasing the next Call of Duty game.
xJawz (read more below) has been posting leaks to his followers on YouTube. The big one is that COD XP will be held in London this year in August and they will be doing the Mulitplayer announcement there.
xJawz Seems to Have Specifics
If you don’t know who xJawz is? It’s OK. He is a YouTube Commentator. He creates videos about his Call of Duty game plays and shares them with the YouTube Community. And he has been talking about Black Ops 2 like its going out of style. I don’t know where he is getting all of his information – but this guy doesn’t BS his followers.
I have transcribed (loosely) his videos and have provided the updates below if you want to scan through them. These have not been 100% confirmed. As soon as I can get some actual concrete information I will be sure to post it!
New Game Mode/Returning Game Modes:
New Game Modes
- One person who is the “VIP” and you need to protect that person and escort them to the are without them being killed.
- Teams will be 6 v 6. The opposition has to kill the “VIP”
- It will be similiar to S&D. Which means it will be tough to win as your team will only have the one life per round.
Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return to the game.
Team Defender/Infected will not return. Which if this is true kind of sucks as a lot of players seemed to like these game modes.
No word if they are going to be introducing any other game modes other than what was mentioned and most likely the standard game modes.
Will follow MW3 system for Point Streak system. (Hopefully no Support Point streak – even though I might abuse it to death – it needs to be removed!)
- Setting the Bomb Point will receive 2 pts.
- Capturing the Enemies Flag will give you 2 pts.
- Flag assist gets a point.
- Captures get 2 points.
Specialist point streaks are getting modified.
Unknown how this will currently work.
- 4th Kill you receive 2 Perks
- 6th kill you receive 3 Perks
- 8th kill you receive 8 Perks
Specialist Perks will only be Pro’d if you have already earned them.
Heat vision will be a new Point Streak reward.
When you get your required points you will be able to activate Heat Vision by pulling out a Scope which attaches to your weapon.
- The scopes main advantages will be to detect enemies through walls.
- This can only be used on Primary Weapons (SMG, Assault Rifles, and Sniper Rifles)
- Only activated by looking ADS
- (This will be sweet if you can use a Perk like IMPACT and actually shoot through more walls.)
- Will have to still throw a canister and wait for it to drop.
- Separate from Care Packages
- Require 5 pts to get them.
- Fall along side to Traps and Care Packages
List of Package Items
- Ammo – Will refresh Ammo
- Grenade or Rocket Launcher – Hopefully will be the only way for players to get a Launcher. But most likely will end up being the Grim Reaper and a Javelin?
- Mini Gun – Probably will be the Death Machine
- Body Armor – Blast Shield or Juggernaut? Unknown at this time.
There will be 15 Prestige Levels with 50 Ranks
- For every 2 Prestige’s – there is a 5 Rank Increase
- Final Prestige has 90 Levels!
- As you Earn your Prestige the Amount of Levels goup incrementally. (i.e. 1rst Prestige will take 50 levels, 3rd Prestige changes to 55 levels?)
- Elite will be fully incorporated into Black Ops 2
- Elite Stats instead of the old Combat Record
- Specific Lobby for Clan Matches
- Clan Tournaments will be Implemented in 2.0
Removed From Game
- No MOAB, Nuke or Last Stand! (yay!)
- No Deathstreaks
- No Flame Throwers
- The RCxD will not return to the game.
Same ol’ Same ol’?
I don’t know how the Sniper folks are going to think of this. But for me this is pretty sweet. Better be on top of your game if your going to be using Snipers now!
- Improved Usage (very vague)
- No Aim Assist for Snipers
- Less Sway for Snipers
Will be determined based on all perks/point streaks you are using.
Maybe will be some more randomization going on?
Unfortunately that’s all I’ve been able to find out on the internet so far. As soon as I get more information I will let you know. If you have anything you’d like to add? Make sure to LEAVE A COMMENT with the information!
Give Thanks to xJawz for the Awesome Info!
Check out xJawz first video of his series (of soon to be 3) videos about the Black Ops 2 leak below. And if you could visit his channel, give him a like, favorite, and subscribe to him. And let him know avgjoegeek.net sent ya!
Let me know what you think. Is Black Ops 2 going to rock? Or is it going to be the same old rat race?