In this weeks Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Updates I’ll be telling you a few different things going on in the world of Call of Duty. Double XP, a “large” update coming down the road, and more! You will just have to read on to find out everything though!
1.05 Patch Updats BIG Updates According to Vonderhaar
And of course he had to make a snub at Battlefield 3 with the Dinosaur comment. While of course what he says are “BIG” updates might not be so big for people like myself looking for network updates. Take a look below at the original tweet, then the actual list of changes and you can decide for yourself.
Update: It’s Out… for Xbox 360 Only! (WTH?)
You can read the tweet here:
Of course PS3/PC players will need to wait. If there are any changes I’ll make sure to post them here. Take a look below at the tweaks and updates. Unfortunately does not look like there is anything significant in the realm of matchmaking/lobbies/networking and hacking prevention in this one.
You and find the original post here – straight from the Call of Duty Community site :)
New Features & Feature Improvements
- Added support for Live Streaming in all Public Match playlists.
- Added League Best from Season 1 to Player Card.
- If you played in multiple series and/or multiple teams then your highest division and rank will be displayed. The League Best will span all seasons. If you finish with a higher division rank in Season 2 then your new League Best will be displayed after Season 2.
- Added a Cumulative Daily Pool instead of a Weekly Pool in League Play. 200 Rank Points are added to a player’s pool every day. Points that are not used are rolled into the next day.
- Added 2 new pages to the Combat Record (the Combat Summary and Medals).
- Implemented sorting of Medals in the After Action Report.
- Lowered HUD threshold for the “low health” overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health.
- Added a “Go to Top” button for the League Leaderboard.
- Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.
- Addressed an issue where the UAV would not trigger if called in while aiming down sight.
- Addressed an issue where the Master Demolition challenge did not unlock when the requirements were complete.
- Addressed issue with the headshot sound not playing in final Killcams and Theater Demos.
- Fixed an issue in League Play where “Career Wins” for a Series were not displayed during placement in the Lobby Career Overview.
- Updated the After Action Report in League Play so that bonus points are not summed with the ladder points in points earned for the match.
- Removed the ability to make dual wield attachment combos in Elite Create a Class and addressed an issue where these classes were appearing as missing in game.
- Corrected mode description message displayed on YouTube when Live Streaming Public Match Core game modes.
- Stocks on SMGs no longer allow a player to move faster while ADS than when moving normally.
- Shotgun crosshairs will no longer turn red if an enemy is out of the shotgun’s maximum damage range.
- Fixed an issue where bullets would not fire straight immediately after aiming down the sight while moving at the same time.
- Improved turret tracking to eliminate false positives when checking line of sight.
- Turrets now have smoother tracking when targeting players.
- Improved bot pathing on multiple maps.
- Current League Info is now getting updated properly in the Player Identity.
- Manual sorting on League Teams removed as the results are now returned correctly.
- Improved the Scoreboard to make friend Playercard information more accessible.
- Addressed multiple UI issues.
- Players can no longer earn credit towards a Prestige Equipment challenge through “friendly” flashbangs, concussions, and shock charges.
- Fixed Select Fire weapons reverting back to their default fire method when using certain Scorestreaks and not calling them in.
- Addressed an exploit where the game allowed access to the Custom Games Settings while believing the game was Public Matchmaking, allowing XP.
- Fixed UI errors when linking Live Stream.
- Score and points are no longer awarded if a player destroys their own turret in Hardcore FFA.
- Improved image alignment when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
- Addressed an issue where players were able to plant numerous Assault Shields.
- Addressed an issue where the Stealth Helicopter was able to drop below the map in Drone.
- Players are no longer able to get infinite Black Hats by immediately using another Black Hat.
- Addressed an issue where it was possible for a player to equip two Assault Shields at the same time.
- Players Spectating a One in the Chamber game no longer earn Survivor Bonus Points.
- A player can no longer earn Medals for multi-kills if they continue to kill quickly after dying and re-spawning.
- Various minor map fixes were made across multiple maps.
- Death Machine: 3 hit kill range increased.
- Dragonfire: health increased, gun spread reduced.
- AGR: ground speed increased, reduced machine gun close range damage.
- Warthog: reduced missile delay.
- Lodestar: reduced missile speed and AOE radius.
- Swarm: drone re-spawn delay increased.
- Hard Wired: Players with hard wired are now completely unaffected by EMP grenades.
- Trophy System: increased range.
- All + Silencers: reduced range.
- All: reduced idle sway.
- M27: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, increased 4-hit kill range.
- Type25: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
- SCAR: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
- SIG556: penetration increased from medium to large, increased maximum number of bullets to kill at long distance and reduced burst delay.
- TAR21: increased 3-hit kill range.
- SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW: increased hip spread.
- All: ADS in and out time reduced.
- SRM1216: slightly increased short range damage.
- Executioner: increased medium range damage.
Clan Challenges Turned On!
Now that the initial dust has cleared they have finally turned on Clan Challenges. Although nowhere near as cool or rewarding as those found in Modern Warfare 3. It is still cool to have bragging rights to be the top Clan in Black Ops 2!
Don’t forget that Nuketown Zombies are now available for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. You can read more about it in last weeks update. Of course you’ll need the Season Pass which can be purchased at Gamestop!
Revolution DLC Available Feb 28th!?
And the Un-Official Official word on when PS3/PC Players will be getting Revolution? Feb 28th (which is when I called it!) (Source: blackops2-info.com)
In the meantime if your a PC/PS3 player? We’ll just have to enjoy the Official Gameplay Trailer released today lol!
Sorry I didn’t get this update out on Friday like I normally do. I was going through a cold which tried to turn into bronchitis, which is now attempting to turn into a sinus infection? *sigh*. Hope you enjoyed it! What do you think of the patch updates though? For me they seem so *ho-hum*