This week’s Call of Duty Black Ops 2 updates bring us some interesting tidbits. First there was a patch thrown at us on Tuesday so I will take a look a that. The other thing is the introduction of Micro Transactions. So take a look inside as I break it all down for this weeks Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Updates.
Patch/Game Update 1.08
Below is the list of updates/fixes listed for Patch Update 1.08 for PS3. I would definitely read this one as they brought out the Nerf stick pretty hard for a lot of guns that you are probably using right now!
- The CODcast control panel can now optionally show the overhead map in the player list in games with 10 players or less.
- Added the ability to view past seasons for all the leagues a team has been a part of in League History.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Resolved an issue where players were receiving an error message when trying to join a System Link or LAN Party lobby without internet connection.
- Resolved an issue where clients could not join a PS3 LAN Party when not connected to PSN.
- Resolved Select Fire reverting back to default settings after a round transition.
- Fixed a potential exploit using the Trophy System.
- Addressed an issue with the Collector’s Edition camo un-equipping from weapons.
- Addressed an issue on PS3 with some Revolution map loading screens showing a checkerboard image and occasionally giving an error message on load after downloading the pack from the in-game Store.
- Addressed an issue with the Peacekeeper not appearing for players that join into a match that is already in progress.
- Resolved an issue on Drone where the automatic doors at the weapon plant would trigger/destroy Lethal Equipment.
- Addressed an issue with the highlight for the Dual Band Scope on players equipped with certain weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the planted bomb disappearing at the “B” site on Hydro when the water floods.
- Addressed an issue with the VTOL Warship not destroying if hit when exiting the map.
- Players will now be able to complete the Shredder Scorestreak challenge using a Death Machine from a care package.
- The Stealth Chopper no longer counts towards completion of the Chopper Hunter challenge.
Resolved an issue where planted Riot Shields were not getting destroyed by the gondolas in Downhill.
- Resolved an issue with C4 and Bouncing Betty’s killing players on contact.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat Axe would sometime destroy the Guardian.
- Addressed a missing image issue with the Medals section of the Combat Record for new players.
- Players with Hard Wired equipped will no longer lose their Care Package if throwing it while an enemy EMP Scorestreak is active.
- Fixed an issue with bomb plants being automatically aborted while a Care Package or Hunter Killer Drone is equipped.
- Addressed a graphical issue with the small thumbnail CODTV videos on PS3.
- Hosts can now kick players in Custom Game lobbies.
- Videos being rendered in the Theater will no longer be automatically canceled when the controller disconnects.
- The CODcast UI is now displaying the flag for the Flag Carrier in the Objective column.
- Addressed a button mapping issue in the Emblem Options menu.
- Resolved an issue with the red crosshair appearing in the Target Finder when targeting an enemy equipped with Cold Blooded.
- Fixed an issue with the stats tracking for the Executioner’s Accuracy in the Combat Record.
- Resolved an issue with the Mission Complete trophy on PS3.
- Fixed an issue where the Friends List showed a joinable/green arrow icon for players who were not playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
- Resolved an issue where the turret in the northern building on Turbine would become unusable.
- Addressed an issue with the Lightning Strike Scorestreak if the player had the tablet out during a host migration.
- Fixed an issue with some weapons having invisible magazines from 3rd person animations during an automatic reload.
- Addressed an issue where the game would sometimes crash after repeated host migrations.
- Fixed knife lunge launching players on the Express map.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get an empty War Machine or Death Machine when switching classes at the start of the match.
- Addressed a loss of functionality for the player and guest when switching between
Multiplayer and Zombies and having the guest switch back to Multiplayer.
- Match clocks in Multi-Team and Free-for-All games modes no longer continue to tick down in Theater when a CODcast game is paused.
- Resolved an issue where planting a Claymore in front of a crouched player with a Riot Shield would cause the Claymore to fly across the map.
- Resolved a couple of overlapping UI issues when CODcasting.
- Players can now turn the Voice Icon On/Off when CODcasting a match in Theater.
- Freed up some additional memory when transitioning from Zombies to Multiplayer to improve stability on PS3.
- Addressed an issue on PS3 with the Calling Cards not sorting properly after unlocking them.
- Spawn System Improvements:
Reduced the weight of positive team spawn influencers on owned Domination flags. This reduces cases in Domination where players may spawn near their team but also near danger.
Added more spawn points to Hijacked for Demolition and Kill Confirmed, which improves the spawn-picking algorithm on that map in those game modes.
Adjusted spawn influencers on Standoff for improved spawn-picking algorithms in all game modes.
- MSMC: Recoil has been increased.
- MSMC: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- PDW57: Recoil has been increased.
- PDW57: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield damage reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield hip fire accuracy has been reduced.
- MMS: Cold blooded now renders enemies almost completely invisible to MMS.
- QBB-LSW: Medium range damage increased.
- HAMR: Medium range damage increased.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
- SMR + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
- Type 25: Move speed increased.
- Type 25: Medium range damage increased.
- SCAR: Long range damage increased.
- SWAT-556: Long range damage increased.
- M1216: Medium range damage increased.
- Ballista + Iron Sight: Idle sway reduced.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Resolved several issues with exploitable areas in the Die Rise
- Resolved several exploits in Green Run
- Resolved network/connectivity issues that could occur in the frontend and lobbies.
Source: Call of Duty Community Page
Bring on the BACON! Micro Items
If you read my blog and read about my recent post about the new Sims game. You already know my views on micro transactions for games. My opinion aside though you can check out what you can get by going to the site: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 – Micro Items
Note that this is currently only available for Xbox 360. Why you may ask? My assumption is that it is due to the exclusivity contract. But I also think it was just easier for them to integrate into the Xbox 360 world. My guess is that PS3, PC, and WiiU players will get this 30 days later as usual.
Nuketown 2025 – Free Download
You can now get Nuketown 2025 for free! I know a lot of people are pissed off because they thought this was going to be an exclusive for those who pre-ordered. Personally I’m happy that this will be available to all of the masses and that means it will FINALLY be put into the regular map rotation (when it becomes available for PS3 players that is).
You can choose between four different packs. Each one offers the Camo for your gun, 3 Reticles for your sites, and a matching Calling Card to go with it. (Note: The reticles are only for your Red-Dot, EOTech or ACOG) Currently there is Bacon, Benjamins, Kawaii, Jungle Warfare, Dia De Los Muertos, Graffiti, Party Rock, Zombies, and Viper. Take a look at the gallery below to see what you can get:
Extra Slots Pack
For those who are just absolutely nuts for creating custom classes for everything and 10 just isn’t enough? Then this pack is the one for your. You also get a TON of extra storage for things like clips, screenshots, and custom emblems. I’m just going to quote it directly from the site – just trust me when I say its a lot of extra slots. 🙂
The Extra Slots Pack increases the number of customizable Create-A-Class slots to 10 sets of 5 slots and significantly expands media storage capacity, allowing players to archive 20 more emblems, 32 more films and 40 more screenshots.
Flags of the World Calling Card
Just in case you missed it from the Modern Warfare days. Now you can purchase and install Flag Calling Cards to apply to your profile.
Leave your international calling card with the North American Flags of the World Calling Card Pack, which includes national flag-themed Calling Cards from countries located in this region
Nuketown 2025 Zombies
Yup they are going to charge you for this map. If you want to blow up zombies in the new Nuketown map it is going to cost you five bucks to do it. At least it is available for the masses now. This means you will have more people to be able to co-op this with!
What Do You Think about the Micro Items?
I want to hear what do you think about the Micro Items? Do you think this is a good thing or just another way Activision is bilking it’s player base out of even more cash?