This weeks Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Updates comes a bit early this week. With a new patch released for the Xbox360 and the release of the new Personlization Packs its going to be a busy week seeing how this affects us! Read on to see what the latest changes are as well as the new Packs!
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Updates – Patch Notes: Jul. 23, 2013
With this patch it is a monster patch for Zombies, a few (MINOR) nerfs for the AN-94, DSR and Ballista Sniper Rifles. Also the release of the new Personalization Packs. Head to the bottom of the article if you want to complain about the changes.
- 6 new Personalization Packs are now available as downloadable content. Each pack comes loaded with 1 camo, 1 themed calling card and 3 unique reticles. Season Pass holders will now be reminded to download Season Pass content which they haven’t previously downloaded.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Improved stability when pressing buttons during a Theater mode screenshot.
- Screenshots taken during Theater mode from a match on Uplink will no longer become corrupt.
Multiplayer Game Balancing
- AN-94: Damage slightly reduced.
- DSR 50: Rate of fire reduced.
- Ballista: Rate of fire slightly reduced.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Players are no longer able to access unintended areas using the Trample Steam and the Elevator.
Mob of the Dead
- Pack-A-Punch version of the Raygun Mark II now displays the correct skin.
- Players are no longer able to pass over the Mansion fence using invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to duplicate candy and booze when in dying in a specific staircase.
- Players are no longer able to stand on invisible collision near the Stables and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to hold the top of the Bank for an extended period of time using the Paralyzer and the Vulture-Aid perk.
- Players are no longer able to position buildables in the General Store and become free from zombie attack.
- Players no longer get stuck at the bottom of the slide when using Dive-To-Prone.
- Addressed multiple issues where Players were able to throw themselves into walls using the Trample Steam and become free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to reach unintended collision on the 2nd Floor balcony of the Saloon.
- Addressed an issue where Players could be free from zombie attack when holding a claymore and looking downward, when standing next to a Mystery Box.
- Players are no longer able to launch themselves out of the level near the Saloon using the Paralyzer.
- Fixed multiple issues where the Friendly AI would get stuck while holding a crawler zombie when above the General Store, in the Bank, in the Courthouse, in the Mansion, or the 2nd Floor of the Barn.
- The Friendly AI no longer gets stuck when bringing the Mystery Box from the Hedge Maze to the Town, and vice versa.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck if a Player gives him Candy and then enters the Fountain.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI and zombies were going through a door in the Hedge Maze and getting stuck near a Mystery Box.
- The Mystery Box now functions properly when Players give the Friendly AI candy and then activate the box.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI would freeze and become unresponsive if he was hit by a high damage weapon while performing a turn animation.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck in the Mansion if the Player has him take the rear entrance to the Mansion, near the Hedge Maze.
- The Friendly AI no longer gets stuck on top of the Saloon if the Player shoots him while carrying candy or booze.
- Fixed an issue where the Vulture-Aid Mystery Box indicator would permanently remain at box locations if the Player used the Friendly AI to bring the box to that location.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck if he’s hit with a high damage weapon during his flinch animation.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI would become stuck when fed candy to retrieve buildables in the Saloon, prior to opening the front door and the debris blocking the staircase.
- Zombies no longer get stuck in the ground outside the Mortuary by the Mystery Box location.
- Fixed an issue where Players would occasionally spawn under the map in a 4-Player game.
- Zombies now path to the correct location when Players stand in Vulture-Aid stink.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to launch themselves on top of ghosts using the Paralyzer and be free from attack for a short period of time.
- Players are no longer able to access unintended areas in the Mansion using the Trample Steam and the Paralyzer.
- Zombies no longer get stuck on a window in the Sheriff’s building.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to get the Double Points upgrade when withdrawing money from the Bank with Double Points active.
- Zombies no longer get stuck behind one of the repairable barriers in the Saloon.
- Fixed an issue where Players would die if they jumped into the broken fountain at the same time.
- Player’s camera no longer jitters when standing in a specific spot in the Barn.
- Fixed an issue where zombies would path away from the Player if they stood in a certain spot just outside the Saloon.
- Ghosts can no longer exit the Mansion using the slide, during a non-Ghost round.
- Fixed a Solo-play issue where falling down the spiral staircase would occasionally kill the Player, even if they had the Quick Revive perk.
- The Time Bomb now functions correctly if the Player has both the Time Bomb and the Monkey Bomb in their inventory.
- Fixed multiple issues in Grief, where Players would spawn in Last Stand when respawning in the Stables, Candy Shop, Church, alongside the Saloon, outside the General Store, or on the Mansion-side of the map.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to get stuck in a tree outside the Mansion.
- Fixed an issue with zombies occasionally getting stuck when dropping down to the Gazebo stairs.
- The Speed Cola Machine is now properly positioned in the General Store during Grief.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to trigger ghosts without fully dropping down into the Mansion.
- Zombies who turn into ghosts now enter the Hedge Maze properly.
- Players can no longer trigger Ghosts during a non-Ghost round when entering the Mansion from the rear.
- Players can no longer get on top of the General Store purchasable couch using the Paralyzer, and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where zombies couldn’t path to Players who stood on the purchasable couch in the Saloon.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to access the top of a Mansion fence and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to stand on the cart outside of the Courthouse and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to access invisible collision in-between the Gun Shop and the Saloon with the Paralyzer.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to access unintended collision behind the Mansion and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to launch themselves onto unintended collision in the Courthouse and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to stand on a scaffolding near the purchasable LSAT and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to use a combination of the Trample Steam and the Paralyzer inside the Church to become free from zombie attack.
Xbox 360 players now have the new 6 new Personalization Packs available for purchase. PS3, PC, and WiiU players will get it after the obligatory 30 day wait period. Take a look at the link below for some screenshots of what the new camo packs look like and then check out the YouTube video with the announcement as well.
Possible Xbox Live! Issues Related with “Missing DLC Content”
I was checking @DavidVonderhaar’s Twitter and he was talking with people who had “missing” DLC content while attempting to play today. States its an issue with Xbox and not your game! Check the link below for the current status and if it doesn’t work after its back up? Then try bugging him 🙂
One of Swords – Stop Threatening Game Developers
Dan otherwise known as “One of Swords” is the Community Manager for Activision. His job is to make sure we stay up to date with releases, patch notes, and everything else going on with Activision. What he doesn’t like? When people threaten game developers. And uh.. neither do I for that matter! I understand that we all tend to take Call of Duty a bit more seriously than we should. In the end its JUST a video game. Take a moment to read his latest post about it:
So folks – play nice. What do you think of the patches? Did the minor gun changes really affect you? I’d like to hear from you!