If you don’t already know this hosting giveaways on your site is great for many reasons. It attracts new visitors, encourages social media sharing, gives you the ability to grow your readership, you can gain new followers, and of course grow your email lists! But how to do this if you are new to the blogging scene and are running on a shoestring budget? This is where Giveaway.ly (formely sponsoredgiveaways.com) comes in. Now you can have the best of both worlds. You can host giveaways on your site and offer visitors the prize it offers and you can get paid for it. Take a look inside on how to get paid to host giveaways on your blog.
The Benefits of Hosting Giveaways
I know I just mentioned this but I wanted to go over it again with you. Giveaways are a great way to attract new and repeat visitors to your blog. Some of the other benefits you receive from hosting giveaways are:
- New and Repeat Visitors
- Gain new Followers with Facebook, Twitter
- Increase Engagement through Commenting
- Grow Your Email List
- Reward Your Readers
The issue though is that for most of us we can’t afford the prizes involved in hosting a giveaway. This is where Giveaway.ly comes in. By signing up you will receive offers to host giveawyas on your blog and even get paid for it!
How Giveaway.ly Works
Its a pretty ingenious system. You sign up, accept opportunities, publish the giveaway, then get paid after its been completed.
- Register your Blog – You’ll need to setup your blog by signing up and filling out a few forms.
- Accept Opportunities – You will receive messages from advertisers who wish to work with you to host giveaways.
- Publish the Giveaway – Use the provided widget and publish a post on it. It will be up to you to promote it!
- Reward Visitors with Prize – The prize will be provided by the advertiser you worked with.
- Receive Cash for Giveaway – Receive the agreed upon cash amount and get paid through PayPal
Signing Up and Registering
Of course the first thing you’ll need to do is sign up for Giveaway.ly. Just fill out the basic information and then verify through the email you receive. Click here to get started.
Add Your Blog
Then you will need to add your blog (or blogs) through the dashboard:
You will need to add the following:
- Blog Title – Use your websites Title here.
- Blog URL – Enter the URL of your Blog
- Blog Category – Use the category that best matches your site’s theme/content/niche.
- Blog Tags/Keywords – Enter in the Keywords that best describe your website.
- Language – Use the dropdown list for the language of your website.
- Profile – Decide whether to make your profile or public. If set to Private then only advertisers on Giveaway.ly will be able to see it.
- Blog Description – This is where you will need to make it interesting. Look at the notes below for some tips on how to add your description.
Note: It is important that you have this setup correctly as you will be presenting your site to potential advertisers/product owners/brands etc. who will be interested. Make sure to be as accurate as possible.
Verify Google Analytics and Set Price
After you add your blog you will be asked to verify your Google Analytics. When you click on the button it will take you to Google’s site to provide permission for Giveaway.ly to be able to track how many visitors to your site.
Edit Your Blog Details, Add Social Media
After you have done all of that you will need to edit your blog’s setting to be able to add a few more things to help provide additional information to advertisers.
Edit Your Blog
Here you can go through and change the initial settings you used when you initially added your blog.
Add Social Media Sites
Here is where you will add your Facebook Fan Page, Twitter, and Feedburner URL. If you have already verified your Google Analytics all of this information will be displayed here as well.
Review the Set Price
This is where you can set the price of how much you will charge advertisers to host giveaways on your own blog. This can be from $10.00 on up to however you feel your site is worth. I would highly suggest being realistic with your pricing though. If you do not have that many followers or visitors to your site? I’d recommend starting out at $10.00 and gradually charging more when your site gets more traffic.
Note: Make sure to check the box underneath as well to receive free products in lieu of cash!
Go to Your Dashboard
After everything has been setup now you just have to wait for an advertiser that is interested in working with you to host a giveaway.
See What Advertisers Will Be Presented With
If an advertiser is interested in your site they can click on it and it will display information like it does for here at avgjoegeek.net. Again the more followers and traffic you have – the better chance an advertiser will be interested in hosting a giveaway with you!
Bonus – Refer Other Bloggers
As an added bonus – you can receive up to $150.00 if you refer other bloggers to sign up for the service. (Which I am doing here by explaining it to you by the way.) All you need to do is after signing up for the service (with my referral link please?) you can then apply for their affiliate program as well.
Sign Up Today
If you want a free way to host giveaways and earn money from them? Then I highly suggest signing up with Giveaway.ly today! Let me know what you think about the service in the comments below – I’d love to hear from you!