Please make sure to read this in it’s entirety so you understand the requirements and what you need to do to be able to do so. Failure to comply could mean your article is not posted (and I would hate to do that).
Who Can Write for avgjoegeek.net?
Due to the recent policies that Google has put out there concering Guest Blogging; I will only accept articles from other Blog Owners/Websites. I will no longer be accepting any 3rd party content. All links are going to be listed as ‘no-follow’. I just can no longer afford to do it. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Then read the article below:
Read More: Guest Blogging: Is it Really Dead?
If you are still interested for writing for me? Then please make sure you read the requirements in its entirety before contacting me.
- Your guest article should be between 500-1500 words.
- They should be relevant to my blogs topics! Gaming, Technology, or Blogging
- Absolutely NO AFFILIATE LINKS – Sorry to have to emphasize this but I can’t tell you how many people try and sneak one in here.
Due to recent changes within Google. All links from ANY Guest contributions will have all links set to ‘no-follow’ within the content and Author Bio sections. The link rules below still apply except that they will be set to ‘no-follow’.
You should provide links in your article with the following guide lines:
- A) Articles I have written (if relevant) in your article. It not only helps my SEO, but provides readers with additional information (and they don’t leave my site!)
- B) Links that are relevant to your article that provide proof or additional information. Make sure though that again these are not SPAM/Affiliate/Sales page etc..
- C) Links back to YOUR site are OK. But again they have to be relevant to what you are writing about.
- D) You will already be able to receive a backlink to your website or blog in your Author Bio at the bottom of the article. If you wish you can also link your Facebook, G+, Twitter, LinkedIn accounts there as well.
Please do not try and submit the following types of articles:
- Alcohol or Tobacco
- Illegal Drug Use
- Other Activities considered Illegal in the U.S.
OK, So How Do You Submit An Article?
If your clear on the rules of the road above and still wish to write for avgjoegeek.net? Then you will need to do a few things:
You can use the form at the bottom of the page and make a request. Once I review your request and agree you will need to do the following:
I will register an account for you and provide contributor rights. You will get an email with your account/login information.
After the article has been posted. Please email me that you have completed your work and provide any images you wish to use.
Note: Do NOT copy/paste directly from a Microsoft Office Word document. It will break your article!
Review and Approval Process
I will then review the article when you have it completed. I cannot guarantee it will be posted. If it is poorly written, filled with grammatical errors, or if I feel it just isn’t a good fit these might be contributing factors. I will contact you and have the article removed so you can post it elsewhere.
I have the right to refuse an article for ANY REASON. Please try not to take offense if your article is not approved after I have read it.
Once your article has been published please make sure to do the following:
Please try and be available for any comments, questions, criticisms people might have. Try and be nice when responding.
I will do my best to try and get your article noticed. It will be on my Facebook page, as well I will have a ton of scheduled Tweets. It will also be posted on multiple different sites like BlogEngage as I currently have a subscription for their RSS Services.
With that being said – it will be important for you to promote your article as well. Whether you write a post on your own website pointing back here (hint, hint) or tweeting about it. It is entirely up to you! But.. writing is only 20% of the work! The other 80% is spent on trying to get it promoted! 😀
The Legal Jargon
As I mentioned before – I cannot guarantee your article will be posted on avgjoegeek.net. But, if you do get published – you cannot use your article in any way, shape or form ANYWHERE on the internet. Although you still own the rights to it – It is permanently on “lease” here. The only way that will become not true is if A) The website goes away or B) I end up removing the article for any reason.
Thank you for guest posting on avgjoegeek.net! I am glad that I could help a fellow writer out! If you have any questions/concerns etc. please again use the form on my Contact Me page. I will try and get back with you ASAP!
Fill out the Form below to inquire about writing at avgjoegeek.net!