This is going to be a relatively short post today. I wanted to say Happy Halloween but give you something too. I think its a good one! Minecraft has introduced patch 1.4.1 the “Pretty Scary” update. And it is chock full of changes and additions! Take a look inside to find out what has changed!
Minecraft 1.4.1 Pretty Scary Update
So lets see what has been added with the latest patch for Minecraft. It is nice to see that Minecraft is still getting updated after its release. Far too many games now days die a slow death as the developer essentially abandons them after a short time after the release!
I just realized on Nov 11th 2012 will be a year since Minecraft left BETA into Production! Congrats to mojang and Notch for keeping the best Sandbox game ever made updated and alive!
Oh, if you haven’t played in a long time (say like uh.. me?) I would suggest checking out the Minecraft Wiki to get updated before turning on the game!
The Pretty Scary Update!
- Added a beacon
- Added flower pots
- Added item frames
- Added anvils
- Added cobblestone walls
- Added pumpkin pies
- Added carrots and potatoes
- Carrots can be put on a stick to control pigs while riding
- Added a boss mob
- Added a new skeleton type
- Added witches
- Added bats
- Added mob heads that can be placed
- Zombies now infect villagers, but can also be cured
- Added wooden button
- Items can be cloned with the “pick block” action in Creative Mode
- Items can be quickly moved to the hotbar by pressing 1 through 9 while hovering an item
- Added /difficulty, /spawnpoint, /weather, /gamerule and /clear commands
- Added “target selectors” for commands
- Added option to hide capes
- Added option to toggle vertical synch
- Added customization to superflat worlds
- Minor additions to the world generator
- New potion recipes
- Leather armor can be dyed
- Maps now start more zoomed in, and can be extended
- Redstone repeaters can now be set into a “locked” position
- New sound effects
- Portals to the Nether can now transport items and mobs
- Adventure mode now allows placing and removing blocks, but only when using the correct tools
- Changed method of placing sideways wood logs
- Improved server list
- Improved debug (F3) options
- Spawn protection is now automatically disabled if there are no defined admins
- Removed Herobrine
There have been so many changes since they put out the release that for me it would be like re-learning the game all over again! If you haven’t logged in a bit maybe its time to re-visit Minecraft again?
Xbox Release Date?
Unfortunately this update is only for PC. Xbox players will have to wait until an undisclosed date. For PC users this was originally released on Oct 26th.
Pretty Scary Official Trailer
You can also see the official YouTube trailer brought you by the find folks of HaatFilms created. It gives a pretty good outline of what has changed and you get to see the new beacon! Which for me is a godsend since I seem to forever get lost in my own worlds lol.
What Do You Think?
What do you think of the latest Minecraft update? Are you still playing the game? What other changes have been made that you think make the game better? Or worse? Let me know in the comments below!