I know Minecraft has been released on the Xbox360 for a long time now. But this is probably the coolest roller coaster created in Minecraft to date so I had to share. Sorry for new Black Ops 2 updates – just nothing worth reporting this week.
Minecraft Patch Notes
You can find out the recent changes here directly from their site. This update is much more than just bug fixes. It is amazing that it has been 2 years since it went into “live” mode and it is still receiving updates. Way to go Mojang!
Watch the Minecraft 1.5 Redstone Update in song form: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmpxpH-tMWc
- Added Redstone Comparator (used in Redstone logic)
- Added Hopper (collects items and moves them to containers)
- Added Dropper (similar to Dispensers, but always drops the item)
- Added Activator Rail (activates TNT Minecarts)
- Added Daylight Sensor
- Added Trapped Chest
- Added Weighed Pressure Plate
- Added Block of Redstone
- Added Nether Brick (item)
- Added Nether Quartz and ore
- Added Block of Quartz, with half blocks and chiseled variants
- New command: /scoreboard
- New command: /effect
- Containers and mobs can have custom names
- Inventory management has been changed, for example you can drag-place items over slots
- Texture packs now have separate images for each block and item, and can have animations
- Nether Quartz Ore now spawns in the Nether
- Smooth lighting now has three settings (none, minimal, maximum)
- More detailed death messages
- Some hostile mobs now are harder in Hard difficulty
- Many, many, bug fixes
- Removed Herobrine
Minecraft – Beetle Juice Roller Coaster
This is probably one of the best roller coasters I’ve seen for Minecraft so far ever. There are some great ones out there – but this one involving the Bettlejuice theme knocked it out of the park for me.
Straight from the creators mouths:
This was done on the XBOX 360 in creative mode. We worked on it off and on for two months.
You can visit the creators channel here. Make sure to subscribe and check out their other creations as well!
Take a look at the video below and be prepared to be blown away. I was truly impressed that this was created using blocks and no mods – but was also done on the Xbox360.Related