It has been a few weeks since the Mountain Dew/Dorritos Modern Warfare 3 RankUpXP winners were drawn. As of this writing I couldn’t find anything online on who the current winners are. So I decided to give them a call 888-962-6287. I talked with Rebecca on the hotline number (you will need to dial ‘0’ to get to an operator). She states that she should have the winner list in about a week (1/27/2012) I’d suggest waiting until then to try and find out if you won or not. Of course by then you should have received any of the lesser prizes in the mail by then.
At this point I know I didn’t win the Jeep (or anything else – I never win at these things – meh!) it would be nice to know if I didn’t win.
Update: I called yesterday Friday 1/27 – I didn’t win. Go figure! You will still need to snail mail them for the entire list of winners though…
If you look at the rules you will notice that the only way to really find out who the winners are is to write into them to get a list. You can go here to read all the legal jargon.
Here is the info from the site on how Winners will be announced:
PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Prize winners may be notified by mail or e-mail at the postal/e-mail address provided at the time of registration on the Website. Potential Jeep Prize winner will be notified by mail or e-mail at the postal/e-mail address provided at the time of registration within ten (10) days of the drawing. Potential Jeep Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (“Affidavit”) within ten (10) days of the attempted winner notification (as indicated by the date referenced in the notification letter). Failure to return the Affidavit within ten (10) days may result in Prize forfeiture, and an alternate winner may be selected. Any mail returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address may result in Prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsors’ discretion. Prizes will be sent to winners at the postal address provided during registration on the Website. You are responsible for keeping your postal address updated on the Website. Allow 8 to 10 weeks for delivery of Prize by mail following notification process. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within the United States.
But to skip all that I have the address listed below here:
WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of the Sweepstakes prize winners of prizes valued at over $25, send your name and complete address postmarked by 12/31/11 to: DewXP – Winner’s List, P.O. Box 758997, El Paso, TX, 88575-8997.
Bottom Line: Your going to have to wait to see if you won a hat or hoodie. The big prize winners have probably been contacted to sign their lives away already. I say respect there privacy and take the loss and take out your revenge in the game 🙂
And for the few who don’t know what the whole Rank Up XP promotion was about? Mountain Dew and Dorritos teamed up with Infinity Ward in a cross promoting the new release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Entrants who purchased specially marked packages of Dorritos or Mountain Dew registered online to gain Double XP and a chance to enter a drawing to win prizes (see below). They had over 1.6 million entries! So your chances of winning were pretty slim at best.
List of Prizes:
- Call of Duty® Elite Twelve (12) Month Subscription Xbox Live. Call of Duty® ELITE requires ownership of a supported Call of Duty® game, sold separately. For more information and a detailed description of Call of Duty® ELITE features and requirements, please visit http:// www.callofduty.com/elite/terms. Must be 18 years of age to use Call of Duty ®Elite. QTY: 500 Value: $50
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model Limited Edition Call of Duty: MW3 Special Edition. Unique front and rear bumpers and hood. Features Call of Duty: MW3 graphics on exterior and interior of vehicle** QTY 1 Value: $45,075
- Call of Duty Hoody – Mountain Dew and Doritos Call of Duty/MW3 branded pullover hoody. (Adult XL only) QTY: 2,000 Value: $45
- Call of Duty Cadet Hat – embroidered Call of Duty: MW3 art on the brim with Dew and Doritos branding in back. One size fits most. QTY: 725 Value: $23
- Turtle Beach® Call of Duty® MW3 Ear Force® Delta Limited Edition headset. QTY: 50 Value: $299
- Xbox 360® Limited Edition Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3 console: this bundle includes: Customized Call of Duty: MW3 console, 2 customized Call of Duty: MW 3 wireless controllers, 320GB Hard Drive, Standard Edition copy of Call of Duty: MW3, 1 Month Subscription of Xbox LIVE, Black Headset, Custom sounds when the console is turned on and when the eject button is pushed, exclusive avatar item that’s only available with the Limited Edition Call of Duty accessories and console QTY: 25 Value: $399
- Xbox 360® Limited Edition Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3 Controller. QTY: 200 Value: $60
- Call of Duty® Hoody and Call of Duty Cadet® Hat QTY: 1 Value: $68 **
Btw…. the losers get an extra chance to win the Hoody and Cadet Hat in a separate random drawing (check your mailboxes!)